The Jesus and Mary Chain are no strangers to enlisting singing actresses for on-stage duets — Scarlett Johansson famously joined the band at Coachella a few years back to sing “Just Like Honey” — and now they drafted “Mad Men” star Jessica Paré to pitch in on “Sometimes Always” and “Just Like Honey” at two recent North American shows.
Above, you check out video of Paré — who scored her own hit of sorts earlier this year when her character on “Mad Men” sang the 1960 Gillian Hills hit “Zou Bisou Bisou” — singing “Just Like Honey” with the Mary Chain at Thursday night’s show in Buffalo, N.Y. (via Jessica Koehler). And below we’ve got a clips of her doing the Hope Sandoval part on “Sometimes Always” and singing “Just Like Honey” at Friday night’s concert in Toronto (via UglyGoblinBoy).
JAMC plays Montreal today, then returns in early September for 17 more U.S. dates.
VIDEO: Jesus and Mary Chain and Jessica Paré, “Sometimes Always,” Buffalo, NY, 8/3/12
VIDEO: Jesus and Mary Chain and Jessica Paré, “Just Like Honey,” Buffalo, NY, 8/3/12
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Jesus and Mary Chain to headline Boomslang festival in Lexington, Ky.
- The Jesus and Mary Chain expands U.S. tour with dates in New York, Boston and more
- The Jesus and Mary Chain returning to U.S. for new concerts in June, September
- Video: The Jesus and Mary Chain play first shows in 4 years during brief tour of Texas
- Jesus and Mary Chain reissuing all 6 albums this fall in deluxe 2CD/1DVD editions