Amid rumors that the stage-shy singer somehow will participate in Sunday’s London Olympics closing ceremony, Kate Bush apparently is set to release a new remix of her best-known hit, “Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God).” A listing for a 2012 remix of the song was up on Amazon.co.uk as late as last night, although it’s now been removed.
The track — featuring the artwork shown above — was listed for release on Aug. 12, the date of the closing ceremony, which has been dubbed ”A Symphony of British Music.” The show reportedly will feature performances by Muse and One Direction, and is rumored to include appearances by The Who, George Michael and the reunited Spice Girls.
While seemingly an unlikely candidate for a performance, Bush, however, is no stranger to revisiting past work, having last year released Director’s Cut, a collection featuring 10 reworked tracks off 1989’s The Sensual World and 1993’s The Red Shoes.
UPDATE: Hear the new “Running Up That Hill” remix here.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Kate Bush, ‘Eider Falls at Lake Tahoe’ — new ‘50 Words for Snow’ animation
- Video: Kate Bush goes Yeti hunting in new 2½-minute ‘animation’ for ‘Wild Man’
- Kate Bush to release ‘50 Words for Snow’ — first new album in 6 years — in November
- Kate Bush reveals ‘Director’s Cut’ tracklist; stream ‘Deeper Understanding’
- Kate Bush revists ‘Sensual World,’ ‘Red Shoes’ tracks on new ‘Director’s Cut’ album