Morrissey today announced that he will wrap up one of his busier touring years in recent memory with six concerts in Australia and New Zealand this December immediately following the close of his 35-date U.S. tour — which also will find Moz appearing on “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon,” “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” and “The Colbert Report.”
The announcement — which, per custom, comes via fansite True To You — says that Morrissey will “travel directly to New Zealand” following the Dec. 8 closer of the U.S. tour, and there he will play two concerts followed by four more in Australia. Dates, venues and full ticket information are expected to be announced within the next week.
The brief announcement also reports Morrissey will appear on three U.S. television shows during the fall tour, but does not reveal airdates for those appearances, either.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Video: Morrissey plays 4 unreleased songs in Dublin for ‘Studio in Session’ program
- Billy Bragg takes on Morrissey over slam of London Olympics’ ‘blustering jingoism’
- Morrissey adds 2 New York City dates at Terminal 5 after ‘instant’ Radio City sell-out
- Morrissey announces 33-date U.S. tour — including L.A. show with Iggy & The Stooges
- ‘The Smiths — Complete’ box set: 8 albums on vinyl, CD; plus 25 7-inch singles, DVD