Peter Gabriel’s currently in the midst of his Back to Front Tour, which finds him performing 1986’s breakout So in its entirety each night during the North American trek. But on Saturday night at the Hollywood Bowl, fans got an extra dose of nostalgia, as John Cusack — yes, Lloyd Dobler himself — came on stage at the start of “In Your Eyes” to present Gabriel with a boombox.
And no, Cusack did not take the opportunity to hold said boombox over his head, but it was still enough to impress no less an authority than the writer-director of “Say Anything…,” Cameron Crowe, who was in attendance and tweeted, “Peter Gabriel and John Cusack on stage together at the Hollywood Bowl tonight. Won’t forget that… ever.”
Below, check out video of the moment, via Glider Magazine.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Peter Gabriel teases ‘So’ reissue with clip of ‘Sledgehammer’ from ‘Live in Athens’
- Peter Gabriel’s 25th anniversary ‘So’ reissue to include 8-disc ‘Immersion’ box set
- Peter Gabriel to release restored ‘Secret World Live’ on DVD, Blu-ray — watch ‘Steam’
- Peter Gabriel announces ‘So’ box set reissue, North American ‘Back to Front’ tour
- Peter Gabriel seeking fan input, re-editing ‘PoV’ concert film for ‘So’ reissue in 2012
- Video: Peter Gabriel and the New Blood Orchestra play full concert on Letterman
- Peter Gabriel reissuing ‘So’ with bonus mixes, demos, new artwork for 25th anniversary