With his U.S. tour underway, Morrissey continued his American media tour Tuesday night, following up last week’s appearance on “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon” with a highly entertaining visit to “The Colbert Report,” during which Moz withstood ribbing from Stephen Colbert on topics such as the British monarchy, vegetarianism and, of course, The Smiths (with Colbert at one point pretending to bring out Johnny Marr).
Morrissey also performed “People Are the Same Everywhere,” which you can watch below, along with a web-only performance of “I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris.”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Reps for Morrissey, Johnny Marr shoot down rumors of The Smiths reunion — again
- Stop me if you’ve heard this one before: New round of The Smiths reunion rumors fly
- New biography ‘A Light That Never Goes Out’ promises ‘complete story’ of The Smiths
- Morrissey announces 33-date U.S. tour — including L.A. show with Iggy & The Stooges
- ‘The Smiths — Complete’ box set: 8 albums on vinyl, CD; plus 25 7-inch singles, DVD