After postponing 26 shows to return to England to see his ailing mother, Morrissey is expected to announce his rescheduled North American tour on Monday, but a number of new U.S. dates already have surfaced online, including the tour’s highest-profile gig: an arena concert in Los Angeles
with Iggy and The Stooges as the opening act.
We’ve so far been able to confirm seven new concerts via ticket outlets, promoters and venues’ websites and social media channels, including shows in January, February and March in Atlantic City, N.J., Pittsburgh, Pa., Asheville, N.C., Atlanta and Las Vegas.
Fan site Morrissey-solo.com lists other rumored but still unconfirmed dates, including a report that at least one show, in Wichita Falls, Texas, won’t be rescheduled.
We’ll add more shows as they’re confirmed, and, if you know of any more of the rescheduled dates, please let us know about them in the comments below.
Morrissey rescheduled U.S. tour dates:
Jan. 12: House of Blues, Atlantic City, NJ
Jan. 21: Heinz Hall, Pittsburgh, PA
Jan. 28: The Orange Peel, Asheville, NC
Jan. 31: Cobb Energy Performing Arts Centre, Atlanta, GA
Feb. 9: The Chelsea at the Cosmopolitan, Las Vegas, NV
Feb. 15: Pharr Events Center, Pharr, TX
March 1: Staples Center, Los Angeles, CA
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Contest: Win a copy of ‘A Light That Never Goes Out: The Enduring Saga of The Smiths’
- Morrissey to resume U.S. tour in early January following dates in Australia, New Zealand
- Morrissey cancels remainder of U.S. tour over ailing mother, promises to reschedule
- Morrissey announces 33-date U.S. tour — including L.A. show with Iggy & The Stooges
- ‘The Smiths — Complete’ box set: 8 albums on vinyl, CD; plus 25 7-inch singles, DVD