After returning to U.K. stages for the first time in a decade last fall for a handful of shows, Karl Wallinger will take World Party out on a proper tour of his home country this spring, performing 11 concerts across two weeks in April in support of last year’s 5CD box set Arkeology — which features 70 previously unreleased tracks.
The tour opens April 14 in Cardiff and wraps up April 29 in Glasgow, hitting eight other cities in between, with two performances slated for London (see full dates below).
In addition to the U.K. concerts last fall, Wallinger brought the current incarnation of World Party to the U.S. three times last year, playing radio sets and record stores last spring to promote the box set’s release, and then two short runs of concerts in September and December.
World Party tour dates:
April 14: Glee Club, Cardiff, UK
April 15: RNCM, Manchester, UK
April 17: Under the Bridge, London, UK
April 18: Under the Bridge, London, UK
April 22: Rescue Rooms, Nottingham, UK
April 23: Glee Club, Birmingham, UK
April 24: The Stables, Milton Keynes, UK
April 25: The Junction, Cambridge, UK
April 27: Wedgewood Rooms, Portsmouth, UK
April 28: Picturedrome, Homfirth, UK
April 29: Oran Mor, Glasgow, UK
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- World Party announces 8-date, post-Thanksgiving tour of western U.S.
- Video: World Party, ‘Everybody’s Falling in Love’ — new track off ‘Arkeology’ box set
- World Party ‘touring America’ in September — initial dates confirmed
- World Party to return to U.K. concert stages for first time in a decade this fall
- Video: World Party’s Karl Wallinger plays Record Store Day in-store at Fingerprints
- Stream: World Party, ‘Words’ — one of 70 unreleased tracks on ‘Arkeology’ box set
- World Party’s ‘Arkeology’ — 5-disc box set with 70 unreleased tracks — out April 10