Depeche Mode tonight formally launched its new album Delta Machine with the kick-off performance of the 2013 season of the “Live on Letterman” concert series, playing a live concert that was webcast on CBS.com and VEVO — and for those who were in the Big Apple, it also was shown live on the on CBS’s JumboTron screen in Times Square.
Watch the full 9-song, 48-minute performance above (if you’re in the U.S.; the stream is being restricted geographically by CBS). The set features five new songs.
The band then stuck around to play current single “Heaven” on “The Late Show with David Letterman,” which you can see below. Also below, via @Ultra_Depeche, we present full audio of the band’s “Live on Letterman” concert, which featured several new songs as well as some classics.
The synthpop legends will follow that up this week with their first-ever appearance at South By Southwest for a Q&A session and live performance, then a European album-release show this weekend in Austria. The band’s 2013 world tour launches May 4 in France and continues late July in Europe, and today’s just-unannounced North American dates to follow.
Delta Machine is due out March 26.
Setlist: Depeche Mode, Ed Sullivan Theater, New York City, NY, 3/11/13
1. “Angel” *
2. “Should Be Higher” *
3. “Walking In My Shoes”
4. “Barrel of a Gun”
5. “Heaven” *
6. “Personal Jesus”
7. “Soft Touch/Raw Nerve” *
8. “Soothe My Soul” *
9. “Enjoy the Silence”
* New songs off ‘Delta Machine’
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Depeche Mode to perform at South By Southwest during first-ever visit to festival
- Depeche Mode announce South By Southwest Q&A to discuss ‘Delta Machine,’ world tour
- Depeche Mode to debut ‘Delta Machine’ with ‘Letterman’ concert, Times Square broadcast
- Depeche Mode to debut ‘Delta Machine’ songs with free album-release show in Vienna
- Video: Depeche Mode, ‘Heaven’ — first single off forthcoming ‘Delta Machine’