While we’ve already posted copious video from Siouxsie’s first concert in five years this past Saturday, it is worth sharing one key piece of footage from tonight’s reprise at the Yoko Ono-curated Meltdown festival, namely the one song on Saturday night’s setlist that got dropped from that show: the Banshees’ classic 1981 single “Spellbound.”
Until that final song of the concert, tonight’s set was identical to Saturday’s, featuring a full performance of 1980′s Kaleidoscope plus favorites like “Cities in Dust” and “Israel” as well as tracks off her 2007 solo debut MantaRay. It’s not clear why Siouxsie didn’t perform “Spellbound” on Saturday, but it was on the setlist.
She did, however, close with “Spellbound” tonight, and you can it below via Derek Smalls.
Siouxsie, “Spellbound,” Royal Festival Hall, London, UK, 6/17/13
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Siouxsie plays ‘Kaleidoscope’ in full at first concert in 5 years (SETLIST, PHOTOS, VIDEO)
- Siouxsie to play first concert in 5 years this summer as part of Yoko Ono’s Meltdown
- Vintage Video: Siouxsie and the Banshees on ‘Rockpalast’ in 1981 — watch 75-minute set
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: 120 X-Ray on Siouxsie & The Banshees with host Kevin Seal — 1988
- Siouxsie and the Banshees 20-disc ‘mega’ box set with 11 albums, live DVDs in works
- Steven Severin: Siouxsie and the Banshees’ reissue program dumped by Universal Music