The Violent Femmes are taking a somewhat low-key approach to their recent reunion, having followed up their appearance at Coachella this past April with only a few more scheduled, mostly festival-type shows. But the band — Gordon Gano, Brian Ritchie and Victor DeLorenzo — has just announced a concert in New York’s Central Park.
The Femmes are set to perform at Rumsey Playfield in Central Park on Sept. 12 — the band’s first Manhattan performance since 2004, and a concert that’s being billed as “their only Northeast show of the year.” Various pre-sales already are under way, and the general on-sale is 10 a.m this Friday.
The band played its first shows in more than five years at Coachella in April.
Violent Femmes tour dates:
June 26: Marcus Amphitheater, Milwaukee, WI (with The Avett Brothers)
Sept. 12: Rumsey Playfield, Central Park, New York NY
Sept. 13-15: Riot Fest, Chicago, IL
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Violent Femmes on Coachella reunion: ‘It will be a monstrous thing of beauty’
- Video: Ceremony covers Violent Femmes’ ‘Kiss Off’ for The A.V. Club
- Video: Dresden Dolls, Mick Harvey, Brian Ritchie perform Violent Femmes’ debut
- Brian Ritchie enlists The Dresden Dolls, Mick Harvey to perform Violent Femmes’ debut
- Midnight Oil, Violent Femmes members form instrumental surf-rock band The Break