Universal Music today announced that the forthcoming 20th anniversary reissue of Nirvana’s third and final album, 1993’s In Utero, will be released in multiple formats on Sept. 24, including a 3CD/1DVD “Super Deluxe Edition” box set that will feature more than 70 “remastered, remixed, rare, unreleased and live recordings.”
While the label has not revealed the tracklist, the various reissues of the album — which also will be released as a 2CD set and a triple-vinyl release — will include “a veritable treasure trove of never-before-heard demos, B-sides, compilation tracks,” including live material recorded by the touring lineup of Kurt Cobain, Krist Novoselic, Dave Grohl and Pat Smear.
That include a long-awaited DVD of the band’s complete “Live and Loud” concert filmed on Seattle’s Pier 48 on Dec. 13, 1993 — a performance that also will be released as a standalone single-disc DVD that also will be issued, with several never-before-released bonus performances, on Sept. 24.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Kurt Cobain gives birth in vintage promo resurrected for Nirvana’s ‘In Utero’ reissue
- Milestones: Nirvana films ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ music video 20 years ago today
- Nirvana ‘Nevermind’ 20th anniversary reissue to include Butch Vig’s original mix
- Meat Puppets, The Vaselines cover Nirvana for Spin’s free ‘Nevermind’ tribute album
- Milestones: Nirvana plays ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ for 1st time 20 years ago today