The Cure’s newfound predilection for headlining North American festivals continues as New Orelans’ Voodoo Music + Arts Experience today announced that Robert Smith and Co. will join Pearl Jam and Nine Inch Nails as headliners of the Nov. 1-3 event.
The appearance follows The Cure’s performances at Lollapalooza in Chicago and Osheaga in Montreal earlier this month, and will come off to back-to-back weekends at the Austin City Limits Music Festival in the Texas capital.
Between those ACL dates, the band is playing at least one non-festival show, in Monterrey, Mexico. But the new addition of Voodoo festival in early November to the Cure’s fall schedule no doubt will leave fans wondering whether the band will be playing North American dates throughout October.
The Cure tour dates:
Oct. 5: Austin City Limits Music Festival, Austin, TX, USA
Oct. 8: Monterrey Arena, Monterrey, Mexico
Oct. 12: Austin City Limits Music Festival, Austin, TX, USA
Nov. 1-3: Voodoo Music + Arts Experience, New Orleans, LA, USA
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: The Cure at Lollapalooza 2013 — watch full webcast of band’s 2-hour headlining set
- The Cure to play first-ever concert in Hawaii next month ahead of Lollapalooza
- Depeche Mode joins The Cure as Austin City Limits Music Festival headliners
- The Cure playing two-weekend Austin City Limits Music Festival in October
- The Cure’s Robert Smith celebrates birthday with 4-hour, 50-song concert in Mexico City