Bob Mould will celebrate the 25th anniversary of his post-Hüsker Dü solo debut Workbook next year with a special performance at San Francisco’s annual Noise Pop festival, organizers announced today as they unveiled an initial lineup for the Feb. 25-March 2 fest that also includes Mark Kozelek of Red House Painters and Sun Kil Moon.
Neither the festival nor Mould have offered details on his set, or confirmed whether it will include a full performance of the 11-track record, which was released in April 1989.
In 2012, Mould used a Noise Pop appearance as the setting for his first-ever full-album performance of Sugar’s debut Copper Blue. He then spent much of the next year playing the record on tour, marking its 20th anniversary. It remains to be seen whether Mould plans to similarly tour Workbook.
Early bird badges for this year’s Noise Pop are now on sale for $125.
Noise Pop 2014: Initial lineup
Mark Kozelek (of Sun Kil Moon & Red House Painters)
Bob Mould (25 Years of ‘Workbook’)
Free Salamander Exhibit
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Bob Mould spotlights new album, Sugar, Hüsker Dü in KEXP set at Bumbershoot
- Full-album stream: Bob Mould, ‘Silver Age’ — ‘companion’ to Sugar’s ‘Copper Blue’
- Video: Bob Mould, ‘The Descent’ — first single off forthcoming ‘Silver Age’
- Stream: Bob Mould, ‘The Descent’ — first single off forthcoming album ‘Silver Age’
- Bob Mould announces new album ‘Silver Age,’ will play ‘Copper Blue’ on U.S. tour
- Merge to reissue Bob Mould’s Sugar catalog in U.S. — download 3 free live MP3s