Just days after completing their first tour without original bassist Kim Deal, the resurgent Pixies apparently have decided to part ways with her touring replacement, Kim Shattuck of The Muffs, who took to both Facebook and Twitter tonight to announce she was “super disappointed to learn that my time with the Pixies ended today.”
While the Pixies have not formally announced any lineup changes, Shattuck took to social media to reveal she is out of the band. On Facebook, she both changed her employment status (“Left job at Pixies”) and added, “Amazing experience. Looking forward to focusing my attention back on the Muffs and our upcoming new album. All the best to everyone” (see below).
Shattuck was introduced as the Pixies’ touring bassist on July 1, just weeks after the group revealed Deal had quit. She made her public debut with the band Sept. 6 at a surprise warm-up gig in Los Angeles, and proceeded to play a handful of U.S. dates with the Pixies before the band headed overseas for the just-completed European tour.
The Pixies currently are booked to play a lengthy North American tour that opens Jan. 15 in Toronto. The band also just announced its first European date of 2014, a headlining slot at Field Day in London on June 8.
It’s not yet known who’ll play bass on next year’s tour.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Watch: Pixies blow up Joey Santiago in new music video for ‘What Goes Boom’
- Pixies announce 33-date North American tour in early 2014, debut ‘Andro Queen’ video
- Video: Pixies tear into new song ‘What Goes Boom’ on ‘Later… with Jools Holland’
- Video: Pixies perform new songs ‘Bagboy,’ ‘Indie Cindy’ on ‘Late Night with Jimmy Fallon’
- Video: Pixies debut new songs, new bassist Kim Shattuck at surprise L.A. warm-up gig