Last summer, the members of New Order — Bernard Sumner, Stephen Morris and Gillian Gilbert, as well as former bassist Peter Hook — and sleeve designer Peter Saville were interviewed by Swedish National Television for a 30-minute documentary on the story behind their iconic 1983 single “Blue Monday.” That program, featuring Swedish narration and English subtitles, is now available online to watch worldwide.
As Sumner quips of the legendary track — long claimed to be the best-selling 12-inch of all time — in the intro, “I don’t really regard it as a song. I kind of regard it as a machine to make people dance.”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Peter Hook to perform New Order’s ‘Low-Life,’ ‘Brotherhood’ at U.K. shows next September
- Video: New Order plays ‘Love Vigilantes,’ ‘Regret’ on ‘Late Night with Jimmy Fallon’
- Electronic reunion: Bernard Sumner joins Johnny Marr to play ‘Getting Away With It’
- Video: New Order plays ‘Bizarre Love Triangle,’ ‘I’ll Stay With You’ on Kimmel
- New Order announces U.S. tour in July leading up to Lollapalooza appearance