When Morrissey announced last month he’d signed a new record deal and plans to release an album later this year, he also promised that 2014 tour dates would be “announced soon.” And while Moz has yet to unveil new tour dates, it appears a spring U.S. trek is beginning to take shape with concerts set for Dallas and Boston in late May and early June.
According to Ticketmaster, tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. local time Friday for a May 22 show in Dallas and a June 7 performance in Boston. No other dates are listed.
Touring, of course, has been problematic for the newly minted bestselling memoirist, with repeated health issues forcing the cancellation of dates and then entire tours in the U.S. and South America last year.
Morrissey’s last U.S. dates abruptly ended in May 2013 over “ongoing medical problems,” at which time the singer declared, “I hope this isn’t the end, and I hope there will be other chances.”
Morrissey tour dates:
May 22: Majestic Theatre, Dallas, TX
June 7: Boston Opera House, Boston, MA
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Morrissey signs worldwide record deal, promises new album, tour in 2014
- In Q&A, Morrissey reveals plans for new album, novel — plus failed David Bowie duet
- Morrissey does Morrissey: ‘Walking Dead’s’ Governor to read ‘Autobiography’ audiobook
- Morrissey says he’s been treated for concussion, whiplash, arm injury — doesn’t reveal why
- Morrissey’s ‘Autobiography’ to be published in the U.S. on Dec. 3 by G.P. Putnam’s Sons