Former Joy Division and New Order bassist Peter Hook has yet to debut his new show featuring full front-to-back performances of the latter group’s third and fourth albums — 1985′s Low-Life and 1986′s Brotherhood — but he’s already announcing plans to bring it to North America for a 14-date tour this November.
Hook will follow up a pair of previously announced “From Confusion to Truth Faith” U.K. gigs this September with the North American dates, which run from Nov. 4 in Austin, Texas, to Nov. 22 in Los Angeles.
The shows will include performances of both albums plus singles and B-sides from what Hook calls New Order’s “most prolific period,” spanning August 1983 up to 1987, including “Thieves Like Us,’” “State of the Nation,” “Love Vigilantes,” “Bizarre Love Triangle,” “The Perfect Kiss” and more.
Hook also will open for himself, performing a set of Joy Division songs.
Peter Hook & The Light performs Low-Life and Brotherhood:
Sept. 25: The Ritz, Manchester
Sept. 27: Sheperds Bush Empire, London
Nov. 4: The Mohawk, Austin, TX
Nov. 6: Trocadero, Philadelphia, PA
Nov. 7: Irving Plaza, New York, NY
Nov. 8: Royale, Boston, MA
Nov. 9: Theatre Tellus, Montreal, QC
Nov. 11: Danforth Music Hall, Toronto, ON
Nov. 13: The Magic Bag, Ferndale, MI
Nov. 14: Metro, Chicago, IL
Nov. 15: Fine Line Music Cafe, Minneapolis, MN
Nov. 17: Venue, Vancouver, BC
Nov. 18: Nuemos, Seattle, WA
Nov. 20: Wonder Ballroom, Portland, OR
Nov. 21: Mezzanine, San Francisco, CA
Nov. 22: Henry Fonda Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Peter Hook to perform New Order’s ‘Low-Life,’ ‘Brotherhood’ at U.K. shows next September
- Video: Peter Hook and The Mission’s Wayne Hussey perform New Order’s ‘Temptation’
- Video: Moby joins Peter Hook on trio of Joy Division songs at Seattle concert
- Video: Peter Hook demonstrates how to play New Order’s ‘Ceremony’ on bass
- Peter Hook to play New Order’s ‘Movement,’ ‘Power, Corruption & Lies’ on U.S. tour