Bob Mould may be celebrating the 25th anniversary of Workbook at the moment, but he’s also looking ahead: Merge Records this week announced that it will release Mould’s 11th studio album, a “compact epic” called Beauty & Ruin that “packs a staggering lifetime’s worth of emotion and experience into a 36-minute package.”
The new album, which, like 2012′s Sliver Age, finds Mould joined by bassist Jason Narducy and drummer Jon Wurster, is due out June 3 in the U.S. Mould and his band will debut material from the new album at Merge’s March 13 showcase at South By Southwest and an AV Club day party on March 14.
Last night, as part of the promotion of the just released Workbook 25 reissue, Mould appeared on “The Late Show with David Letterman” and performed an electrified take on his signature solo song, “See a Little Light,” a performance you can watch in full below.
Mould also has two dates left, in New York, on his Workbook mini-tour. Check out his current tour dates, including a pair of summer festival appearances, below as well.
Bob Mould tour dates:
March 7: City Winery, New York, NY (Performing ‘Workbook’)
March 8: City Winery, New York, NY (Performing ‘Workbook’)
March 13: SXSW Merge Records Showcase @ The Parish, Austin, TX
March 14: SXSW A.V. Club Day Party @ Blackheart Bar, Austin, TX
March 31: Tribute to Paul Simon w/ Antibalas, Carnegie Hall, New York, NY
May 23: Sasquatch! Music Festival, George, WA
June 18-22: Sled Island Festival, Calgary, AB
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Bob Mould announces ‘Workbook 25’ expanded reissue, 7-date ‘commemorative’ tour
- Bob Mould to celebrate 25 years of ‘Workbook’ at San Francisco’s Noise Pop fest
- Video: Bob Mould spotlights new album, Sugar, Hüsker Dü in KEXP set at Bumbershoot
- Bob Mould announces new album ‘Silver Age,’ will play ‘Copper Blue’ on U.S. tour
- Merge to reissue Bob Mould’s Sugar catalog in U.S. — download 3 free live MP3s