Since reuniting last summer for their first shows in 22 years, The Replacements have been nothing if not cagey about their intentions, and that continues with the band’s posting on Facebook this afternoon of an unexplained 12-second clip of “Can’t Hardly Wait” being performed live in an undisclosed recording studio.
As you can see below, the footage is shot from the control desk, and it appears Paul Westerberg and Tommy Stinson are visible through the window.
While it’s likely the band simply is rehearsing for its upcoming appearances at Coachella, the fact that it’s being done in a recording studio no doubt will raise questions as to whether Westerberg and Stinson are recording again, as they did in 2012 for the Songs For Slim benefit project.
Last summer, the band similarly posted several rehearsal videos in the lead-up to their reunion.
Below, check out the ‘Mats live in the studio, and their upcoming tour dates.
Video: The Replacements, “Can’t Hardly Wait”
The Replacements tour dates:
April 11: Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival, Indio, CA
April 18: Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival, Indio, CA
May 10: Shaky Knees Music Festival, Atlanta, GA
July 18-20: Forecastle Music Festival, Louisville, KY
Aug. 1-3: Osheaga Music Festival, Montreal, Canada
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Tommy Stinson on future of The Replacements: ‘Anything at this point could happen’
- The Replacements continue festival-only reunion with slot at Montreal’s Osheaga fest
- The Replacements, Violent Femmes to play Atlanta’s Shaky Knees Music Festival
- Coachella 2014: The Replacements, Pet Shop Boys, Afghan Whigs, Bryan Ferry, Toy Dolls
- The Replacements at Riot Fest: Photos, video, setlist from first ’Mats show in 22 years