Photo via matthew_zane on Instagram
It’s beginning to look like The Replacements have a new member: Tonight in Atlanta, the band once again enlisted the guitar services of Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong, who first joined the band at the second weekend of Coachella last month, and now followed that up by appearing with the ‘Mats at the Shaky Knees Music Festival.
We don’t have a full setlist yet, but Armstrong’s appearance is confirmed by various fan accounts, photos and video — including the video below that was shared by The Replacements’ official Facebook page.
The Replacements — Paul Westerberg and Tommy Stinson, plus guitarist David Minehan and drummer Josh Freese… and Armstorng? — next perform at the Forecastle Music Festival in Louisville, Ky., in June. After that, the band is slated to play six more festival dates and a headlining show at a minor-league ballpark in St. Paul, Minn., this summer and fall.
Check out the ‘Mats video from tonight:
The Replacements tour dates:
July 18-20: Forecastle Music Festival, Louisville, KY
Aug. 1-3: Osheaga Music Festival, Montreal, Canada
Aug. 30-Sept. 1: Bumbershoot, Seattle, WA
Sept. 5-7: Boston Calling Festival, Boston, MA
Sept. 13: Midway Stadium, St. Paul, MN
Oct. 3-5: Austin City Limits Music Festival, Austin, TX
Oct. 10-12: Austin City Limits Music Festival, Austin, TX
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Bumbershoot 2014: The Replacements, Elvis Costello, Mission of Burma, Dream Syndicate
- Paul Westerberg’s ‘Suicaine Gratifaction’ to be released on vinyl for first time
- The Replacements go home: ’Mats to play Twin Cities in first headlining gig in 23 years
- The Replacements’ festival-only reunion continues with Austin City Limits in October
- Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong joins The Replacements during second Coachella set
- The Replacements at Riot Fest: Photos, video, setlist from first ’Mats show in 22 years