When New Order toured South America earlier this year, the band debuted “Singularity,” its first post-Peter Hook song and first new track since the Waiting for the Sirens’ Call sessions in 2003 and 2004. Earlier tonight, Bernard Sumner and Co. opened their short U.S. tour with another premiere, performing the new song “Plastic” for the first time ever.
Below, you can check out the heavily electronic song via fan-shot video from Ricardo Fernandes.
New Order’s tour continues Thursday in Milwaukee (see dates below).
Video: New Order, “Plastic” (Live in Chicago, 7/1/14)
New Order tour dates:
July 3: Summerfest, Milwaukee, WI
July 6: Paramount, Seattle, WA
July 8: Queen Elizabeth Theatre, Vancouver, BC
July 11: Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, San Francisco, CA
July 13: Greek Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Watch The Charlatans’ Tim Burgess, half of New Order jam acoustic in a church
- Watch footballer John Barnes reprise his rap from New Order’s ‘World in Motion’ 24 years later
- Here’s pro-shot video of that new New Order song — which is actually called ‘Singularity’
- Video: Iggy Pop joins New Order to cover Joy Division classics at Tibet House benefit
- Peter Hook to perform New Order’s ‘Low-Life,’ ‘Brotherhood’ on North American tour