Well, that’s embarrassing: We missed our own birthday. Exactly six years ago yesterday, Slicing Up Eyeballs launched with nothing more than a simple 91-word post announcing plans to provide “the latest info on new albums, reissues, upcoming reunions and tour dates.”
In the six years since that wholly inauspicious launch on Feb. 20, 2009, we’ve somehow managed 4,534 posts and garnered 12,753,147 pageviews from 4,207,863 unique visitors representing 227 different countries, ranging form the U.S., U.K. and Canada (obviously) all the way down to Tonga and the Falkland Islands, which account for a total of one visitor apiece over the past six years.
So, once again, thank you so much for stopping by and helping celebrate this great musical era. None of this would matter if nobody cared, so please accept this very sincere thanks for commenting, voting, sharing — just participating in any way you see fit.
It’s been fun.
— Matt Sebastian, founder/editor
Oh, and if you’re a fan of what we’re doing here, there are ways to help spread the word:
- Go “like” us on Facebook and share posts with your friends.
- If you’re on Twitter, follow us there, too. Retweet the good stuff.
- If you tumble, we’re also on Tumblr. Reblogging is fun.
- Doing the Google+ thing? So are we. Put us in your circle, and hit us with some +1s.
- Or pick up a Slicing Up Eyeballs sticker or button and stick it on something. Here’s how.