Gary Numan today officially announced the release of his first new album in four years, the 10-track Savage (Songs From a Broken World), which will be released Sept. 15, and is preceded by the debut of first single “My Name is Ruin” — which you can stream below.
The new album, Numan’s 21st and first since 2013’s Splinter (Songs From a Broken Mind), is produced by Ade Fenton, and was funded in part via Pledge Music. Numan is now offering pre-orders of Savage on his site in a variety of formats, including CD, vinyl and cassette.
According to a news release announcing the album:
“Savage (Songs From A Broken World) is an album with a narrative set in an apocalyptic, post-global warming Earth in the not-too-distant future. There is no technology left and most of the planet has turned to a desolate desert wasteland. Food is scarce, water even more so, and human kindness and decency are just a dim and distant memory. Western and Eastern cultures have merged, more because of the need to simply survive than any feelings of greater tolerance or understanding. It’s a harsh, savage environment, as are the survivors who still roam across it.”
Numan will embark on a previously announced 22-date North American tour this November.
Below, listen to “My Name is Ruin” and see the album’s full tracklist.
Tracklist: Gary Numan, Savage (Songs From a Broken World)
1. “Ghost Nation”
2. “Bed of Thorns”
3. “My Name Is Ruin”
4. “The End of Things”
5. “And It All Began with You”
6. “When the World Comes Apart”
8. “What God Intended”
9. “Pray for the Pain You Serve”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Gary Numan announces North American tour this fall in support of new album ‘Savage’
- Gary Numan announces 21-date North American tour, first-ever SXSW appearance
- Stream: Gary Numan, ‘Love Hurt Bleed’ — off ‘Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind)’
- Stream: Gary Numan, ‘I Am Dust’ — off ‘Splinter (Songs From A Broken Mind)’
- Beggars Archive launches new ‘5 Albums’ box sets with Love and Rockets, Gary Numan