As eclipse fever swept across the U.S. this morning, reissue specialists Numero Group, seized the opportunity to offer the most explicit tease yet of their upcoming Hüsker Dü box set, sharing what appears to the cover art for the Savage Young Dü multi-disc release.
The Chicago-based label posted the image on Instagram this morning, with the caption: “A little something to tide you over during the eclipse. We’ll tell you more in 15 days, promise.”
Numero Group has been teasing the box set — believed to be the first of several multi-disc collections — since last year. Last month, the label’s mail-order listing included Savage Young Dü, which has the catalog number #200 and is described as a 4LP or 3CD collection.
The title Savage Young Dü is taken from an early bootleg of Hüsker studio recordings.
In June, as speculation ramped up about Numero’s Hüsker plans, the label surprise-released via digital channels a newly remastered edition of the band’s 1983 debut studio album Everything Falls Apart.
We’ll know more about the full scope of the label’s plans in two weeks.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- ‘Fresh remaster’ of Hüsker Dü’s ‘Everything Falls Apart’ released digitally — hear it now
- Reissue specialists Numero Group can’t stop teasing ‘massive’ Hüsker Dü mystery project
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: Hüsker Dü gets a ‘120 X-Ray’ post-mortem — 1987
- Hüsker Dü’s ‘The Living End’ live album to receive first-ever vinyl release
- Hüsker Dü’s Grant Hart announces ‘Paradise Lost’-inspired ‘The Argument’ — hear 2 tracks now