The Pixies are back with a second song — the melodic rocker “Catfish Kate” — off their upcoming album Beneath the Eyrie, the band’s third post-reunion, post-Kim Deal effort and seventh full-length overall. You can see the animated music video for the track below.
The band — original members Black Francis, David Lovering, Joey Santiago and new(er) bassist Paz Lenchantin — recorded the new LP in December at Dreamland Recordings near Woodstock, N.Y. The album is produced by Tom Dalgety, who worked on the band’s last record, 2016’s Head Carrier.
The recording of Beneath the Eyrie is the subject of a new podcast series that is currently underway.
The new album is due out Sept. 13, and is available for pre-order from the band in a variety of formats, including vinyl, CD, cassette and digital packages. There’s a deluxe box set that includes the album and a second disc of nine demos on clear vinyl, plus the a CD of the record, too.
Below, see the video for “Catfish Kate,” which follows lead single “On Graveyard Hill.”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Watch: Pixies serve up campy psychedelic-horror video for ‘On Graveyard Hill’
- Pixies announce new album ‘Beneath the Eyrie’ — hear 1st single ‘On Graveyard Hill’
- Pixies expand ‘Head Carrier’ tour with 19 new North American dates this fall
- Pixies unfurl 23-date U.S. tour this spring in support of latest album ‘Head Carrier’
- Pixies’ ‘Doolittle 25’ 3CD reissue to include 21 previously unreleased demos, Peel sessions