The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame this morning unveiled 17 nominees for its Class of 2022, a field that includes Kate Bush, Duran Duran, Devo, Eurythmics, MC5, Dolly Parton, A Tribe Called Quest, Beck, Donne Warwick, New York Dolls and Fela Kuti.
Also on the ballot: Rage Against the Machine, Pat Benatar, Eminem, Judas Priest, Carly Simon and Lionel Richie.
The final list of inductees is expected to be announced in May after the Rock Hall’s membership votes. Details for this year’s induction ceremony, likely sometime this fall, haven’t been announced.
Fans can also cast their votes for their favorites, though that only adds a single vote to each of the top five artists in the fan vote, tallied through April 29.
Artists are eligible for nomination into the Rock Hall beginning 25 years after their first release. Kate Bush previously was nominated in 2017 and 2021, and Devo was nominated in 2018 and 2021. First-time nominees include Duran Duran, A Tribe Called Quest, Dolly Parton, Beck, Eminem, Lionel Richie and Carly Simon
Last year, the Rock Hall inducted The Go-Go’s and Kraftwerk, while Depeche Mode and Nine Inch Nails made it in the year before. In 2019, The Cure was inducted alongside Roxy Music, Janet Jackson, Radiohead and more.
Here’s the full list of Class of 2022 nominees:
- Pat Benatar
- Kate Bush
- Duran Duran
- Judas Priest
- Fela Kuti
- New York Dolls
- Dolly Parton
- Rage Against the Machine
- Lionel Richie
- Carly Simon
- A Tribe Called Quest
- Dionne Warwick
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Kate Bush, Devo, The Go-Go’s among 2021 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees
- Depeche Mode inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame — watch their acceptance speech
- Nine Inch Nails inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame — watch Trent Reznor’s speech
- Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, Whitney Houston to enter Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- The Cure to enter Rock and Roll Hall of Fame alongside Roxy Music, Radiohead and more