Minnesota Public Radio’s The Current has just launched a five-part documentary podcast series called “Do You Remember?” that promises to trace the formative years and legacy of Hüsker Dü through interviews with those who were there as well as the three band members themselves — including Grant Hart, who was interviewed in August, weeks before his death.
The series comes at a time of heightened awareness for the pioneering hardcore-punk trio following Hart’s September death and the release of Numero Group’s highly anticipated Savage Young Dü box set, believed to be the first in a series of archival releases celebrating the trio.
The first episode, which features interviews with Hart and bandmates Bob Mould and Greg Norton, can be streamed below. Sign up with your local podcast supplier to get the rest as they’re released.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Hüsker Dü’s ‘Savage Young Dü’ 3CD/4LP box set revealed — and you can stream it now
- ‘Fresh remaster’ of Hüsker Dü’s ‘Everything Falls Apart’ released digitally — hear it now
- Reissue specialists Numero Group can’t stop teasing ‘massive’ Hüsker Dü mystery project
- ‘120 Minutes’ Rewind: Hüsker Dü gets a ‘120 X-Ray’ post-mortem — 1987
- Hüsker Dü’s ‘The Living End’ live album to receive first-ever vinyl release