The Cure’s Robert Smith has been known to dabble in the occasional remix, and his latest effort is the just-released sonic makeover of “Pretty Boy,” the first single off of Council Skies, the upcoming album from Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds.
You can hear Smith’s remix of the track below, along with the original.
Of the new remix, Smith says:
“I was surprised and delighted when Noel asked me to remix this gorgeous song, and I had a lot of fun slowing it down and spacing it out — Cure drummer Jason Cooper gave me a great vibey drum track to play along with — and the rest just phased into place under the starry sky of my distant moon…”
Due out June 2, Council Skies is the fourth album from noted sibling Noel Gallagher’s post-Oasis project. The remix will appear on the digital and deluxe 3LP and 2CD formats of the album, which can be preordered now.
Check out Robert Smith’s “Pretty Boy” remix and the original:
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Cure to release 2LP picture disc of live album “Show” for Record Store Day
- The Cure’s deluxe reissue of “Wish” to include 21 unreleased demos, “Lost Wishes” EP
- The Cure’s new album “Songs of a Lost World” could be out by September
- Robert Smith says “MY DESIRE TO RELEASE A NEW ALBUM IS OVERWHELMING!”
- The Cure unveils 44-date European tour in 2022, but don’t expect U.S. dates before 2023