David Byrne performs at the Oscars | via ABC
Former Talking Heads frontman David Byrne whipped out the “Everything Everywhere All At Once” hot dog fingers at the Oscars tonight to perform “This Is a Life” with Son Lux and the film’s Stephanie Hsu — check out the full performance below.
Byrne co-wrote the song with Son Lux’s Ryan Lott and Mitski, who did not appear on the telecast. Instead, Hsu — who was nominated for her performance(s) as Joy Wang and Jobu Tupaki in the film — sang with Byrne. (Plus, Raccoonie made an on-screen cameo.)
In the end, though, “This Is a Life” did not win the Oscar for best original song — that honor when to “Naatu Naatu” by M.M. Keeravaani and Chandrabose from the film “RRR.”
Check out the performance below.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- David Byrne, Tom Tom Club and Jerry Harrison’s 1981 albums to be reissued on Record Store Day
- Jerry Harrison and Adrian Belew expand their Talking Heads’ “Remain in Light” tour
- Q&A: Chris Frantz talks Talking Heads, Tom Tom Club and new book ‘Remain in Love’
- David Byrne performs ‘Once in a Lifetime’ and ‘Toe Jam’ on SNL, joins ‘Airport Sushi’ sketch
- David Byrne reprising ‘American Utopia’ show for extended runs in Boston and on Broadway
- Watch David Byrne induct a band named after a Talking Heads song into the Rock Hall