Image via KCRW on YouTube
The Church opened its current U.S. tour in Los Angeles, and while in the area, stopped by radio station KCRW to perform songs off the band’s new concept album The Hypnogogue.
The station has released a video — see it below — including three of those songs, plus an interview with bandleader Steve Kilbey discussing the new record and concept albums.
The group — sole remaining original member Kilbey, plus drummer Tim Powles, guitarists Ian Haug and Ashley Naylor, and multi-instrumentalist Jeffrey Cain — is on tour now, with dates remaining in the U.S. through April 8.
See the band’s full itinerary here.
The Church @ KCRW’s Annenberg Performance Studio
1. “Second Bridge”
2. Steve Kilbey interview
3. “The Hypnogogue”
4. Steve Kilbey interview
5. “C’est La Vie”
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Church premieres “No Other You” ahead of “The Hypnogogue” album, U.S. tour
- Peter Koppes leaves The Church ‘to explore his own musical path’ as band preps new album
- The Church will bring its ‘Starfish’ tour back to U.S. this spring for second round of dates
- The Church to celebrate 30th anniversary of ‘Starfish’ on fall North American tour
- The Church’s Steve Kilbey playing ‘weird’ places across western U.S. with Amanda Kramer
- Vintage Video: The Church shines in rare early pro-shot concert footage from 1982
I’ve bought everything The Church have done since 1980 & cannot believe how a band so many decades into their career can produce an album that so comfortably & proudly sits beside their best work. The Hypnogogue IMHO is one of their top 5 albums. Fantastic work guys!
Every tour I look forward to hearing their new songs as much as their classics. Extraordinary band.