Lloyd Cole | Photo by Mark Dellan
Lloyd Cole is offering up the first taste of his 12th solo record On Pain — due out this summer — in the form of two “(p)remixes” of album closer “Wolves,” one done by Cole himself and the other by synthpop figurehead Martyn Ware, co-founder of The Human League and Heaven 17.
Below, you can hear Cole’s Red Star Mix and Ware’s LycanthroMix of the song, neither of which is the version that’ll appear on the finished album.
On Pain is due out June 23 and finds Cole further exploring the electronic sounds that highlighted 2019’s Guesswork LP. It features four song co-written with fellow Commotions Blair Cowan and Neil Clark. The eight-song album, produced by Chris Merrick Hughes, can be preordered on CD and vinyl.
For more on the new album, and to see Cole’s U.K. tour dates, head over here.
Check out (p)remixes of “Wolves” below:
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Lloyd Cole to release new solo album “On Pain” in June, tour UK later this year
- Lloyd Cole and the Commotions’ ‘Collected Recordings 1983-1989’ getting vinyl release
- Lloyd Cole collects first 4 solo albums, ‘lost’ 5th LP, unreleased demos in new box set
- Lloyd Cole announces U.S. dates in February, prepping 6-disc Commotions box set
- Video: Lloyd Cole, ‘Period Piece’ — first single off upcoming album ‘Standards’
- Lloyd Cole plugs back in, taps ‘X’ album collaborators for forthcoming ‘Standards’
- Vintage Video: Lloyd Cole & The Commotions in Munich, 1985 — watch full 40-minute set