The 3 Clubmen | Photos via Stu Rowe
The 3 Clubmen, the new act that finds XTC founder Andy Partridge teaming up with Jen Olive and Stu Rowe, debuted its first song, the super-hooky “Aviatrix,” back in April, and now comes the proper lyric video for the track — which you wan watch below.
The new video comes ahead of this Friday’s release of The 3 Clubmen’s debut EP, with CD editions of the four-song set available exclusively at Burning Shed.
The band’s name, The 3 Clubmen, dates back to when they first started working together in person, in 2010. The name, according to the trio’s bio, refers to “local defense volunteer groups formed during the English Civil War. Clubmen protected themselves from both armies by fighting on their own side — the name seemed to fit.”
Below, check the new lyric video:
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- XTC’s Andy Partridge debuts new trio The 3 Clubmen — hear first single “Aviatrix”
- Andy Partridge releasing new EP, reissuing XTC’s “Mummer” with original sleeve art
- XTC’s Andy Partridge to launch ‘My Failed Songwriting Career’ series with 4-song EP
- XTC’s ‘Oranges & Lemons’ to be reissued on 200-gram audiophile vinyl
- Andy Partridge gives away new song ‘Cavegirl’ from ‘aborted bubblegum sampler album’
- Robyn Hitchcock, Andy Partridge working on new LP that’ll be ‘a cheese fondue for the slag heaps’
- XTC’s Dukes of Stratosphear albums freshly remixed for new ‘Psurroundabout Ride’ set
Slicing Up Eyeballs independently selects all releases featured on this site, but we may earn a commission from products purchased through affiliate links. Those commissions help support and fund the site.