Peter Buck and Scott McCaughey | Photo via The No Ones
Scott McCaughey and Peter Buck seemingly have been joined at the musical hip since McCaughey started his tenure as a R.E.M. sideman in the mid-’90s, teaming up in The Minus 5, Tuatara, The Baseball Project, Filthy Friends, The No Ones and more.
Now they’re together again for a newly recorded cover of their friend Kevn Kinney’s song “MacDougal Blues,” the title track of the Drivin’ n’ Cryin’ frontman’s Buck-produced 1990 solo debut. Check it out below.
The single is part of Tasty Good Records’ mammoth 100-song Let’s Go Dancing: A Celebration of Kevn Kinney tribute project, which will be released as four separate physical albums over a year’s time (as well as digitally).
The first album in the series, Said the Firefly to the Hurricane, is due out Nov. 24.
Check out McCaughey and Buck’s new take on “MacDougal Blues” below — and the original version.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Watch: R.E.M.’s Bill Berry, Peter Buck and Mike Mills reunite to benefit Scott McCaughey
- Scott McCaughey, leader of Young Fresh Fellows and R.E.M. sideman, suffers stroke
- R.E.M. carefully avoids actual reunion as all 4 members play Peter Buck’s wedding
- Video: Mike Mills and Drivin’ N Cryin’ play R.E.M. classics at Buren Fowler tribute
- Buren Fowler, former Drivin’ n’ Cryin’ guitarist and R.E.M. sideman, 1959-2014
Slicing Up Eyeballs independently selects all releases featured on this site, but we may earn a commission from products purchased through affiliate links. Those commissions help support and fund the site.