Record Rack: A round-up of the week’s new albums, reissues and/or box sets.
ARTIST: Elvis Costello
RELEASES: Live at Hollywood High
BACKSTORY: The 20-song live album is the second release in Costello’s newly launched The Costello Show series of archival concert recordings chronicles the singer’s historic June 4, 1978, performance with the Attractions at Hollywood High School, a performance that came just three months after the release of This Year’s Model.
BUY IT: Live at Hollywood High via Amazon.com
ARTIST: Nick Cave and Warren Ellis
RELEASE: The Road: Original Film Score
BACKSTORY: Cave and his longtime Bad Seeds and Grinderman cohort Ellis follow up their scores to the films “The Proposition” and “The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford” with this set of new music written for last fall’s harrowing film adaptation of Cormac McCarthy’s award-winning novel “The Road.”
BUY IT: The Road: Original Film Score via Amazon.com
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Elvis Costello and Ron Sexsmith play ‘Everyday I Write the Book’
- Rowland S. Howard, guitarist for Nick Cave’s The Birthday Party, 1959-2009
- Video: Elvis Costello and U2 mash up ‘Pump It Up’ and ‘Get On Your Boots’
- Elvis Costello’s ‘Live at Hollywood High’ due in January
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds’ first 4 albums to be reissued, remixed in 5.1