After a run of appearances this summer, Bob Mould will continue his “evening of reading and music” performances in support of his just-published autobiography “See A Little Light: The Trail of Rage and Melody” this fall with a new slate of nine dates, including stops in New York City, Chicago and San Diego.
Mould began promoting the book — co-written by Michael Azerrad, author of “Our Band Could be Your Life: Scenes From the American Indie Underground, 1981-1991” — with the words-and-music shows this past summer, mixing on-stage readings with solo-acoustic performances.
The dates this fall also include a pair of non-“See a Little Light” appearances in San Francisco; on Sept. 20, Mould appears at a City Arts & Lectures event with famed graffiti artist Shepard Fairey, and on Oct. 2 he’ll perform a set at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival in the city’s fabled Golden Gate Park.
Bob Mould ‘See a Little Light’ tour dates:
Sept. 20: Herbst Theater, San Francisco, CA *
Sept. 30: The Montrose Room, Chicago, IL
Oct. 1: The Montrose Room, Chicago, IL
Oct. 2: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass, San Francisco, CA **
Oct. 13: 40 Watt Club, Athens, GA
Oct. 14: Eddie’s Attic, Decatur, GA
Nov. 3: The Bell House, Brooklyn, NY
Nov. 6: New Hope Winery, New Hope, PA
Nov. 13: Doug Fir Lounge, Portland, OR
Nov. 14: Triple Door, Seattle, WA
Nov. 17: The Casbah, San Diego, CA
* City Arts & Lectures (with Shephard Fairey)
** Festival performance
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Bob Mould ‘covers’ Sugar’s ‘If I Can’t Change Your Mind’ for The A.V. Club
- Bob Mould on ‘Sound Opinions’ radio show this week to talk ‘See a Little Light’ biography
- Video: Bob Mould plays ‘If I Can’t Change Your Mind’ with The Roots on Jimmy Fallon
- Bob Mould sets ‘See A Little Light’ book tour, reissuing Sugar’s ‘Copper Blue’ on vinyl
- Bob Mould autobiography ‘See a Little Light: The Trail of Rage and Melody’ due