Talking Heads offshoot Tom Tom Club — husband-and-wife rhythm section Tina Weymouth and Chris Frantz — this month will release their first new music in a dozen years in the form of the 6-track EP Downtown Rockers, and you can listen to the whole set ahead of its release via an exclusive stream on East Village Radio.
The EP will be released digitally and on vinyl by Nacional Records on Sept. 11; there is no CD release planned for the duo’s first collection of new music since 2000′s The Good, The Bad and The Funky. Although the EP features six tracks, today’s streaming premiere omits the final song, a cover of “Love Tape” by Spanish electronic group The Pinker Tones.
STREAM: Tom Tom Club, Downtown Rockers (will open in new window)
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Tom Tom Club releasing ‘Downtown Rockers’ EP — ‘a sort of ode to CBGB’ — in September
- Read the first 23 pages of Jonathan Lethem’s 33⅓ book on Talking Heads’ ‘Fear of Music’
- Video: Talking Heads play ‘Psycho Killer’ in 1975 — from upcoming ‘Chronology’ DVD
- Talking Heads ‘Chronology’ DVD to feature live performances from 1975-1983, 2002
- The Psychedelic Furs, Tom Tom Club set to join forces for fall tour of the U.S.
- Tom Tom Club preps ‘Genius of Live’ CD, sets first U.S. tour in decade
- Tom Tom Club’s ‘Close to the Bone’ album comes to CD for first time