Bassist Peter Hook recently recorded a 2-minute video for the NME’s Song Stories series in which he discusses the origins of some of Joy Division’s most beloved songs, including “Love Will Tear Us Apart,” “Transmission” and “Atmosphere” — plus the future New Order classic, “Ceremony,” that Joy Division didn’t have time to record before the death of Ian Curtis. Check out the full clip above.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Download: Mastering engineer takes 2nd stab at Joy Division ‘Closer’ live bonus disc
- Video: Peter Hook schools interviewer on how to play ‘Love Will Tear Us Apart’ on bass
- Peter Hook to publish ‘Unknown Pleasures: Inside Joy Division’ memoir this fall
- Joy Division ‘+-’ 7-inch singles box to be reissued as 10-disc CD set next month
- ‘Total: From Joy Division to New Order’ to feature unreleased New Order track