Fans in the Los Angeles area will get yet another chance to see Peter Murphy in concert this year as the singer caps off 2012 with a pair of special, just-announced concerts at The Observatory in Santa Ana at which he will perform his 1989 album Deep one night and a full set of Bauhaus material the next night.
Murphy is slated to play Deep on Dec. 29 at the Santa Ana venue followed by the rare all-Bauhaus set on Dec.30.
The singer performed Deep in its entirety in late October at his $500-a-ticket “Halloween Miracula” concert in Los Angeles. Announced tonight, the late-December concerts come in advance of Murphy’s first-ever Australian tour next month.
Peter Murphy tour dates:
Dec. 29: The Observatory, Santa Ana, CA, USA (performing Deep)
Dec. 30: The Observatory, Santa Ana, CA, USA (performing all-Bauhaus set)
Jan. 9: The Bakery, Perth, Australia
Jan. 10: The Gov, Adelaide, Australia
Jan. 11: Corner Hotel, Melboure, Australia
Jan. 12: Factory Theatre, Sydney, Australia
Jan. 13: Beetle Bar, Brisbane, Australia
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Peter Murphy announces first-ever Australian tour, plus concerts in San Diego, Miami
- Peter Murphy announces $500-a-ticket ‘Halloween Miracula’ concert in Los Angeles
- Video: Peter Murphy duets with Stan Lee on ‘That Old Black Magic’ at Comikaze kick-off
- Peter Murphy announces ‘final run’ of ‘Ninth’ tour dates in western U.S., New York
- Dalis Car ‘InGladAloneness’ EP — featuring Peter Murphy, Mick Karn — out in April
- Q&A: Peter Murphy on ‘Ninth,’ the break-up of Bauhaus, reuniting Dalis Car with Mick Karn