For a band that swore off its traditional Christmas tours of the U.K. following a 2010 outing, The Pogues just keep coming back. After last year’s one-off December gig in London, the band returns this year with a four-date U.K. tour during which it will perform its classic 1985 album Rum, Sodomy & The Lash each night plus “other favorite songs.”
The band announced on its Facebook page today that it will play Manchester, Glasgow and two dates in London this December (see full dates below). A pre-sale begins 9:30 a.m. London time Wednesday, with the general on-sale at 9:30 a.m. Friday.
It’s not clear whether Philip Chevron will be joining the band; he announced earlier this year that his cancer had returned, and that, “This time the cancer is lethal.” He did, however, alert fans last week on the band’s message board to the coming announced of the band’s Christmas tour.
Pogues tour dates:
Dec. 15: O2 Apollo, Manchester, UK
Dec. 17: O2 Academy, Glasgow, UK
Dec. 19: O2 Academy Brixton, London, UK
Dec. 20: O2 Academy Brixton, London, UK
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Philip Chevron of The Pogues announces grim diagnosis: ‘This time the cancer is lethal’
- The Pogues’ ‘Fairytale of New York’ single getting 25th anniversary reissue
- Video: ‘The Pogues in Paris’ trailer — preview of new 30th anniversary live set
- The Pogues announce one-off Christmas show at London’s O2 Arena
- The Pogues to record 30th anniversary shows in Paris this September for live CD, DVD