As Depeche Mode prepares to ramp up promotion of its new album Spirit and its upcoming worldwide tour, the band is teasing a “special thank you show” in Hollywood next week that’s expected to be formally announced tomorrow.
The band has posted a splash page on its website, located at la.depechemode.com, that says, “Hollywood. April 26. More information this Friday at noon.” A look at the page’s source code reveals further information via the meta tags for Twitter and Facebook share descriptions: “Depeche Mode. Special thank you show. April 26th, 2017.” Full details presumably will follow at 12 p.m. Pacific on Friday.
Since the album’s release in March, Depeche Mode has played a few short promotional sets in Europe, and appeared on “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.” While they’re in Los Angeles next week, the group also play “The Late Late Show with James Corden” on Monday night.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Depeche Mode plays surprise rehearsal set for 2 dozen stunned fans in New York City
- Video: Depeche Mode performs ‘Where’s the Revolution’ on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Depeche Mode unveils 28-date fall North American leg of Global Spirit Tour
- Depeche Mode asks fans to get in line for upcoming North American tour presale
- Depeche Mode to release 14th album ‘Spirit’ in March — stream ‘Where’s the Revolution’