David Byrne stopped by “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert” on Friday night to perform current single “Everybody’s Coming To My House,” and, in the process, show off his highly inventive, and very much untethered, stage show. Byrne and his wireless band roamed the stage, then joined Colbert at his desk, and ultimately wandered into the audience and back.
Below, the “Colbert” performance.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- David Byrne and 164 other musical acts to play the Coachella festival this year
- David Byrne planning most ambitious show since ‘Stop Making Sense’ for East Coast run
- Stream: Talking Heads’ early demo of ‘Wild Wild Life’ — single off ‘True Stories’
- Vintage Video: David Byrne’s ‘Between the Teeth’ — watch full 1993 concert film
- David Byrne and St. Vincent stream ‘Love This Giant’ album in full, debut video for ‘Who’