The Cure today teased fans with a somewhat cryptic announcement of what appears to be a planned Dublin concert next June — details still TBA — following frontman Robert Smith’s declaration that the band will be “headlining around 20 festivals next summer — mostly in Europe.”
The band today tweeted “Dublin. June 8th. Save the date. Full details coming soon!” No further information has been revealed. This follows a tweet from Smith himself last week telling fans to keep an eye on The Cure’s website and Facebook page for announcements about European festival dates.
— The Cure (@thecure) September 24, 2018
— ROBERT SMITH (@RobertSmith) September 21, 2018
These will be The Cure’s first concerts since July’s massive 40th anniversary show in London’s Hyde Park.
See the band’s tour dates below.
The Cure tour dates:
March 16: Rock on the Lawns, Festival Lawns, Carnival City, Johannesburg, South Africa
March 21: Rock on the Lawns, Kenilworth Race Course, Cape Town, South Africa
June 8: TBA, Dublin, Ireland
June 16: Firenze Rocks, Visarno Arena, Florence, Italy
July 17: Eject Festival, Plateia Nerou, Athens, Greece
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- The Cure unveils first touring plans of 2019 with first-ever concerts in South Africa
- The Cure closes Robert Smith’s Meltdown by going ‘there to here and back again’ — hear the full set
- Robert Smith to play Meltdown with ‘curious friends,’ says he’s working on new music
- The Cure to mark 40th anniversary with new documentary: ‘Robert himself will tell the story’
- The Cure to play giant 40th anniversary concert in London’s Hyde Park next year
- The absolute best of The Cure: All 225 songs ranked by Slicing Up Eyeballs’ readers