Pioneering British synthpop outfit Heaven 17 — originally a studio-only entity that didn’t perform live until nearly two decades after its founding — will stage a short North American tour this May that the duo of Glenn Gregory and Martyn Ware are calling “our first proper U.S. tour.”
The eight-date tour of the U.S. and Canada, announced this morning, follows the group’s first-ever American concerts, in New York City and a festival in Long Beach, Calif., in 2017.
The We Don’t Need This Fascist Groove Thang! Tour opens May 8 in Chicago, and includes U.S. dates in San Francisco, Seattle, Pawling, N.Y., and New York City before wrapping in Boston on May 18. There are also dates in Vancouver, B.C., and Toronto. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. local time on Friday, Feb. 7.
“Expect a full set of the best of Heaven 17 from the last 40 years — it is going to be a lot of fun and we can’t wait to meet our U.S. fans!” the group writes on its website.
See the full tour dates below.
Heaven 17 tour dates
May 8: Park West, Chicago, IL
May 10: The Independent, San Francisco, CA
May 11: Triple Door, Seattle, WA
May 12: Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver, B.C.
May 14: Mod Club, Toronto, ON
May 16: Daryl’s House, Pawling, NY
May 17: Le Poisson Rouge, New York, NY
May 18: Sinclair, Boston, MA
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Watch: Heaven 17 dishes out hits, covers David Bowie (twice!) in first-ever U.S. concert
- Heaven 17 to play first-ever U.S. concerts late next month in New York, California
- Heaven 17 to perform ‘Luxury Gap’ at 2-day B.E.F. fest with Andy Bell, Boy George
- Heaven 17 details ‘Penthouse and Pavement’ 2CD/1DVD reissue, announces live DVD
- Q&A: Heaven 17’s Martyn Ware on ‘Penthouse and Pavement’ tour, box set reissue
- Heaven 17 preps ‘Penthouse and Pavement’ box set with newly discovered demos