Almost 20 years after sparking a near-riot when 20,000 fans showed up for an in-store appearance, Depeche Mode once again is venturing out onto the streets of Los Angeles — this time to perform on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” from the corner of Hollywood and Vine.
The band is set to play on the ABC late-night talk show April 23 in support of the forthcoming Sounds of the Universe, which will have been released two days earlier.
According to its publicists, Depeche Mode is expected to play a multi-song set for fans, with two tunes — including the single “Wrong” — to be broadcast that night.
Video: News coverage of Depeche Mode’s March 20, 1990, in-store in L.A.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- In stores Tuesday: New Bob Mould, Erasure box set, Depeche Mode single
- Video: Depeche Mode live in the studio
- Report: Jane’s Addiction, Depeche Mode and Beastie Boys to headline Lollapalooza
- Depeche Mode reveal venues for U.S. leg of ‘Tour of the Universe’
- Depeche Mode debuts creepy ‘Wrong’ video, unveils iTunes Pass details