The reunited Pixies will celebrate the 20th anniversary of 1989’s Doolittle by playing their classic sophomore album in its entirety at 11 European concerts in October, the band announced today.
The fall run, which includes four nights in London and a pair of shows in Dublin (see full tour dates below), will see the group tackle the 15-track album front-to-back, plus the record’s assorted B-sides.
“We wanted to do something special for Doolittle’s 20th anniversary,” Black Francis said in a news release, “and we thought his was a good opportunity to play all of the songs from that album, something we don’t normally do at a regular gig.”
Dormant since the end of their 2004-2007 reunion, the Pixies re-emerged earlier this month to play a series of European festival dates and several invite-only concerts.
Although American fans are clamoring for dates in this country, so far, the closest thing will be a short summer trek by the band’s frontman, playing both as Black Francis and with Grand Duchy, the grungy synthpop duo he started with wife Violet Clark.
At this point, the only upcoming Pixies dates are the 11 U.K. shows announced late last night on the band’s Facebook and MySpace pages.
Pixies tour dates:
Oct. 1: Olympia Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
Oct. 2: Olympia Theatre, Dublin, Ireland
Oct. 3: SECC Hall 4, Glasgow, Scotland
Oct. 6: Brixton Academy, London, England
Oct. 7: Brixton Academy, London, England
Oct. 8: Brixton Academy, London, England
Oct. 9: Brixton Academy, London, England
Oct. 11: Jahrhunderhalle, Frankfurt, Germany
Oct. 13: Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, Holland
Oct. 14: Forest National, Brussels, Belgium
Oct. 15: Zenith, Paris, France
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Pixies’ Black Francis plots solo-acoustic shows, Grand Duchy dates this summer
- Pixies roar back to life with Stockholm, Isle of Wight gigs, plus ‘Minotaur’ box set
- Pixies reissuing all of their studio albums in deluxe ‘Minotaur’ box sets
- Pixies add more European festival dates; ‘big annoucement’ due Monday
- Pixies’ Black Francis teams up with wife for Grand Duchy album, warm-up tour
- Pixies reunion back on again; band playing Isle of Wight, European concerts