Trent Reznor is in the midst of Nine Inch Nails’ “Wave Goodbye 1989-2009” run of small-club farewell concerts, and he’s certainly living up to his promise to make the shows something special: Not only did the band run through 1994’s epic The Downward Spiral in its entirety last weekend in New York, but Reznor also has been bringing Peter Murphy on stage at various shows, performing Bauhaus’ “Kick in the Eye,” as well as NIN’s “Reptile,” Pere Ubu’s “Final Solution,” Murphy’s own “Strange Kind of Love” (with a bit of “Bela Lugosi’s Dead” thrown in) and Joy Division’s “Dead Souls” and “Atmosphere.” NIN’s farewell tour resumes Wednesday in Los Angeles, where Reznor and Co. will play four shows, wrapping it all up Sept. 6.
More NIN + Peter Murphy video after the jump…
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS:
- Nine Inch Nails’ final tour dates revealed
- Bauhaus, Pixies, The Fall up for ‘Omnibus’ reissues from new Beggars Archive imprint
- Bauhaus’ Peter Murphy covers John Lennon, announces U.S. summer tour
- Jane’s Addiction, Nine Inch Nails offer free Trent Reznor-produced EP for download
- Official dates: Jane’s Addiction and Nine Inch Nails to unleash joint tour