With U2’s massive 360° Tour now crossing America, the Irish megaband this morning announced plans to continue the stadium trek into 2010 with a second leg of European dates in late summer and early fall.
The tour, which opened June 29 in Barcelona, will return to Europe for what’s currently slated to be a 12-date run beginning Aug. 10, 2010, in Frankfurt, Germany. The new leg also will hit Denmark, Finland, Russia, Austria, Greece, Turkey, France, Spain and Portugal.
The band promises “additional dates and cities to be confirmed” on the European leg, and it’s also worth noting that a second American leg has been hinted at for some time, possibly in June and July prior to the band’s second European run.
U2 also announced this morning that fans who sign up for or renew their U2.com membership for 2010 will receive an exclusive new remix album, a sequel of sorts to 1995’s fan-club Melon remix CD. The new remix disc is the latest in a series of exclusive U2.com releases, including ZOO TV Live and Go Home: Live From Slane Castle, Ireland. Subscription details are here.
See U2’s new tour dates after the jump…
U2’s 2010 tour dates:
Aug. 10: Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt, Germany
Aug. 12: AWD Stadium, Hannover, Germany
Aug. 15: Casa Arena, Horsens, Denmark
Aug. 20: Olympic Stadium, Helsinki, Finland
Aug. 25: Luzhniki, Moscow, Russia
Aug. 30: Ernst Happel Stadium, Vienna, Austria
Sept. 3: Olympic Stadium, Athens, Greece
Sept. 6: Ataturk Olympic Stadium, Istanbul, Turkey
Sept. 15: Olympic Stadium, Munich, Germany
Sept. 18: Stade De France, Paris, France
Sept. 29: Olympic Stadium, Seville, Spain
Oct. 2: Stadium, Coimbra, Portugal
Additional dates and cities to be confirmed
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Tracklist: U2’s ‘Unforgettable Fire’ reissue includes unreleased songs, live material
- Video: U2 performs Passengers’ ‘Your Blue Room’ live for first time ever
- ‘U2: The Hype and the Feedback’ conference to take academic look at band
- U2’s Bono and The Edge play ‘Unforgettable Fire’ outtake ‘Disappearing Act’ on BBC
- WBCN ‘The Rock of Boston,’ station that helped break U2 in U.S., going off-air
- U2 announces ‘The Unforgettable Fire’ reissue box set via plastic shopping bag
- U2 announces first North American dates of colossal 360° World Tour