As U2 played the final notes of “Moment of Surrender” to close its Rose Bowl webcast tonight, the band’s management unveiled the second North American leg of its colossal 360° Tour: 12 concerts in U.S. and Canadian stadiums next June and July.
The band will open the 2010 portion of its global tour June 6 in Anaheim, Calif., and perform across the United States — and hit Canada for two shows — before wrapping July 19 in New York (see full tour dates below); Bono and Co. then return across the Atlantic for the previously announced second European leg of the trek.
Although full details for the new U.S. shows have not yet been announced, tickets for concerts in Oakland, Edmonton and Toronto go on sale Nov. 2, with Denver following on Nov. 6. Watch this page for further ticket information.
Following tonight’s concert in Pasadena — which was filmed for DVD release and, at this writing, is being rebroadcast on the band’s YouTube channel — U2 will perform one final show in 2009: Wednesday night in Vancouver, B.C.
See U2’s new North American tour dates after the jump…
U2 North American tour dates:
June 6: Angel Stadium, Anaheim, CA
June 12: Invesco Field, Denver, CO
June 16: Oakland Colesium, Oakland, CA
June 20: Qwest Field, Seattle, WA
June 23: Commonwealth Stadium, Edmonton, Canada
June 30: Spartan Stadium, East Lansing, MI
July 3: Rogers Centre, Toronto, Canada
July 6: Soldier Field, Chicago, IL
July 9: Land Shark Stadium, Miami, FL
July 12: Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA
July 16: Venue TBA, Montreal, Canada
July 19: New Meadowlands Stadium, New York, NY
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- U2’s Rose Bowl concert to be streamed live on YouTube worldwide Sunday
- Video: U2 breaks out ‘Ultraviolet (Light My Way)’ for ‘Saturday Night Live’
- U2 extends 360° Tour into 2010, announces remix CD for U2.com subscribers
- Tracklist: U2’s ‘Unforgettable Fire’ reissue includes unreleased songs, live material
- Video: U2 performs Passengers’ ‘Your Blue Room’ live for first time ever
- ‘U2: The Hype and the Feedback’ conference to take academic look at band
- U2’s Bono and Edge play ‘Unforgettable Fire’ outtake ‘Disappearing Act’ on BBC
- U2 announces ‘The Unforgettable Fire’ reissue box set via plastic shopping bag
- U2 announces first North American dates of colossal 360° World Tour