Looking for Christmas gift ideas for the Pixies fan and footwear enthusiast in your life? Get ’em Vans’ black-and-white “Death to the Pixies” shoes, which slap the band’s iconic ’80s T-shirt design — featuring a naked Black Francis hunched over, giving a thumbs-down — onto a pair of skate shoes.
While these fetching sneakers aren’t exactly new — they’ve been on the market the better part of a year now — they’re new to us at Slicing Up Eyeballs World HQ, so we figured we’d share. The shoes come in two models, depending on how you feel about ankle support: the basic Slip-On ($52) and the hi-top Sk8-Hi ($65).
And if your musical tastes gravitate toward the more metallic end of the spectrum, other groups included in Vans’ Bands line: Iron Maiden, Killswitch Engage, KISS and Mastodon.
See more photos of Vans’ “Death to the Pixies” shoes after the jump…
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
- Video: Pixies play ‘Here Comes Your Man’ on ‘Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien’
- Free download: Pixies’ ‘Doolittle’ tour live EP
- Video: Pixies ‘Doolittle’ tour stage production
- Bad Lieutenant, No Age, Jay Reatard among U.S. openers for Pixies’ ‘Doolittle’ tour
- Pixies selling live CDs, downloads, ‘USB bracelets’ of European ‘Doolittle’ concerts
- Video and setlist: Pixies open ‘Doolittle’ 20th anniversary tour last night in Dublin
- Pixies add additional ‘Doolittle’ anniversary tour dates in Europe, U.S., Australia
- Pixies’ ‘Doolittle’ 20th anniversary tour heads to Australia, New Zealand in 2010
- Pixies tour dates: ‘Doolittle’ anniversary trek coming to U.S. in November
- Tour dates: Pixies to play ‘Doolittle’ at 20th anniversary concerts in Europe
- Pixies roar back to life with Stockholm, Isle of Wight gigs, plus ‘Minotaur’ box set