Rough night for the handful of ’80s college-rock vets up for Grammy Awards this year: Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys, U2, Elvis Costello, David Byrne and Brian Eno, and Ministry all were shut out in their respective musical categories, losing, in nearly every case, to more current acts.
U2 was one of the night’s biggest losers; the group, which has won more Grammys — 22 total — than any band in history, was up for a trio of awards, but lost to Green Day in the Best Rock Album category (No Line on the Horizon fell to 21st Century Breakdown) and was beaten by Kings of Leon in both the Best Rock Performance and Best Rock Song categories (“Use Somebody” topped “I’ll Go Crazy If I Don’t Go Crazy Tonight” in both).
- In the Best Alternative Album category, both Depeche Mode’s Sounds of the Universe and Everything That Happens Will Happen Today, the recent collaboration between David Byrne and Brian Eno, lost t French act Phoenix’s much-buzzed Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix. (Byrne and Eno did win a trophy for Best Recording Package for Everything That Happens.)
- Also, DM’s somewhat creepy clip for “Wrong” was topped in the Best Short Form Music Video category by The Black Eyed Peas’ smash “Boom Boom Pow.”
- The Pet Shop Boys’ Yes suffered a similar fate, losing the Best Dance/Electronic Album award to the ubiquitous Lady Gaga’s The Fame.
- And Elvis Costello’s Secret, Profane & Sugarcane was beaten by Steve Earle’s Townes in the Best Contemporary Folk Album category.
- Finally, the only act mentioned here to not lose to a more contemporary artist was the now-defunct Ministry, whose “Señor Peligro” lost out to Judas Priest’s “Dissident Aggressor” in the Best Metal Performance category.
Here’s the full list of Grammy nominees and winners.
PREVIOUSLY ON SLICING UP EYEBALLS
For someone that cares about whether a photo was real or Photoshopped, maybe you can try Photoshopped Image Killer. This free website maybe can give your answer. By analyzing something like Exif data or so. But it it really bad that the seller is touching op those images? Maybe he just sharpened the image and removed some things from the background.
I am sure this piece of writing has touched all the internet visitors, its really really fastidious article on building up new website.